Skip to main content

Orkut.. I am truly connected.

Before Reading.... Check this Link.
Orkut Dummy Scraps…

Preface

Life's Good when friends were together. Two days back, I was reading the scraps of My Friend, I could nt control my laughter. Its really nice to read friends scraps. there is so much fun and in brighter side, it keeps me updated with their work, even I was not with them. also, Scraps wont consume more time like reading a big forward..

Example

Consider this scenario,

  1. One of my friend was saying to other "I am not interested in Higher studies, I am planned to move company", that give me idea about his current stand.

  2. One friend to other " All the best for becoming Chithappa.." .. informs he becomes chithappa and climate over there.

  3. One friend to other "Today aalanghatti mazhai here..I am driving my new car to office. I have lost my TC somewhere" .. that informs his good and very sad news .


Description

The above examples, shows the importance of reading friends scraps. But its very boring to read others scraps by going to their scrap book. So I was thinking of creating a Robot (software), that periodically goes into each of my friends scrap book and store it in my computer and so that, I can read it at later time.

Programming

As a Free lance programmer, This absolutely, a fun for me.. I took php/mysql as the platform for working on it. After two weeks of work, I felt that this was going to be very difficult.

The main dificulty is that of logging into orkut and scrapping the pages. Luckily, I have got that source code for it, from ContactGrabber, a opensource project. It retrieves retrieves all friends emails from orkut, yahoo,gmail, etc etc if username and password is given to it. I played with the source code for around a week and all ends in a meagre improvement.

Meanwhile, NGCoders, has reduced my work by providing the scraps as feeds. All I need to know is just Orkut uid. The format of Feed URL.

http://www.indian-tv.com/orkut.php?uid={uid}

where uid is the orkut unique id for a person. NGcoders is very good guys as they were not advertised on the RSS.

A month back, I have written a script that looks for blog feeds from my friends and stores in my database. I used the same to read to Orkut scraps of my friends. voila.. I made it through their scraps..( Please dont tell them that I was reading their scraps regularly)

I have no plans to share it as a software for anyone. As it involves more thinking, and lots of dependencey on orkut's operation and the mediator, NGCODERS.

Conclusion

Always , Remember there is two options available in Orkut. Whether it is to scrap or message. Be aware of what you are scraping.. Enjoy .. Sometimes, its better to delete your old scraps. Anyway, I am truly connected.

Objective next: Orkut Photos & Testimonial :-)
A cool Forward in Orkut...

Just copy this.. and paste it into your addressbar while opening Orkut scrap Book

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.images; DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i<DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5; DIS.top=Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5}R++}setInterval('A()',10); void(0)

Popular posts from this blog

Dual Role

Eversince my childhood, I loved watching movies. Its like living a dream and it's a wild fantasy. With the advent of technology, We the humans, were able to achieve a new dimension in Movies and "Dual role" is one common tweak in movies. Usually , Its One person playing two Characters in a film like twins, Father & Son etc and often (Esp. In Indian Movies), there would be some imperfection in screen when these two characters come together in the screen. Its really surprising to see two identical characters together. Just imagine how it would be if I was standing in front of you as two Aruns. Happy .. Right...So.. lets go to action. Lets assume that the twins were discussing about how to play dual role. The following simple bold two points explains how three aruns come to live in the above photo.. Just Visualize it..It is simple... 1) Take two (or more) photos with camera in same position while object(u) in different places Though there were many ways, This method redu

Katrathu Kaiyalavu

There was a Girl, who was Tall & Thin & Fair, her Hair, her Hair, was a color of Ginger An English Rhymes from the Tamil Movie, "Katrathu Tamil", One of the Excellent movie of the year, packed with interesting, informative dialogs and intuitive screenplay. Achan kovil, Xaviers College, Tirunelveli (My Dad graduated there), munusaamy(A tamil Graduate), takes me back and forth in time. Even the dumb story of a dream tiger which is dreaming about the dream desert, adds unknown beauty to the movie. A One line about IT... "If India is a growing, it has to be equivalent in all industry. if only Leg (IT) is growing, it is a Disease (yaanai Kaal), we have to cure it." explains the impact of IT over other industry. Just like real life, this movie has got no logic :) Unlike my earlier blogs on Movies, This blog going to be a sketch of incidents that cames to my mind while watching this movie. Incident 1: Guindy, 04:30 pm, I have just reached the Gandhi Mandapam Bus

Blog Updates

Past four days, I have been doing some changes to the blog that should have caused some web outages of my blog. I am sorry, if you are one of those who caught in the mid. But the sad to note, is that I have revert back all the changes that i made to blog, as I was dissatisfied with my changes. Anyways, Blogs, the new medium of sharing, consumes more time (kills time) and in addion to that, it needs to be arranged in a proper order. Few days back, I have posted a video on my Edinburgh trip made by Chirag, soon more videos were yet to be released, under the category "video series", I have to ensure that the size of the video is less, so that many can view it without any problems. For Now make sure you have.. * Subscribe to My Blog Entries (RSS) http://smartpandian.com/feed * Subscribe to My Blog Comments (RSS) http://smartpandian.com/comments/feed More Changes yet to come...