Skip to main content

INR making a Mark …

When I read history, it brings out lots of surprises. and often I forgot that I was part of the history.

It was month back when I watched the movie "NameSake". In one Particular scene, Irrfan Khan, the Hero says to her wife Tabu that, 1 USD is equal to aaat(8) rupee. I was surprised, because ever since my childhood, I have been watching news in DD , Sun Tv. Its for several years, the news programs stating that 1 USD rate would be in the range of 40 rupees. It makes me sad and I was asking lots of questions.


What happens to My country?

Why did they let it happen?

How can the Great Indians stand so careless?


There are lots of questions that poped in my Mind. I know that I can find the answer to those questions with great tools like google, wikipedia etc. I started searching the web. I found some interesting facts and figures from the History. I cant do anything but wonder. Sometimes it brings out pride in my Own India.

The First surprising point...
According to 1894 census in India, around 90% of population lives in Village.

I give my thought on those people who chose to live in village, inspite of the facilities being less.

  • Village is Safe, as those days, riots, loot, war would mainly affect the cities.


  • From the Madan's "Vandhargal Vendrargal", one can understand how its unsafe it is to live in city.


  • Village is always Cheap and Village is Self Sustaining.





The word self sustainance, is a key word that brings the real superiority of Village. A city cant live with out the support of village, but a Village can live on its own. I do think, its because of great villages surrounding delhi, that makes delhi to stand again after each and every failure in combat.

Now Lets see Simplistic Second Point...
After the Indo-Pak partition, Indian Coins were used in Pakistan and Indian Currencies are used by just overstamped with name Pakistan ...

Terrific third point..
With dollar being eight rupees in 1974, Indian currency slowly depreciated and in 2002.. it steadily reaches 48 ruppees..From there, India sets back to US.. and Today it is 40.25 Rupees, the lowest value in last fourteen years. Actually this is because of two reasons, lets see that in ... next two points...

Fantastic Fourth Point...
US Dollar has shown steady depreciation in its value. One of the Main reason for depreciation of US Dollar is Reserve Accumulation. Almost all Asian Countries do this process by which, they keep or accumulate US Dollar (that is earned as profit) before the money find its way into the country. Though It is loss to the Reserve bank, it seems like fetching the good fruits for country...

The Simply Fifth Point..
INR Appreciation. Thanks to Indian IT companies and BPOs. They have done a tremendous job in INR appreciation. Unfortunately they are the one who are affected by appreciating money. This brings out serious concern for IT companies, I believe that soon Indian IT companies would choose to work for the needs of our own country.

More Fascinating points yet to come..
Pegged Exchange Rate Vs Floating Exchange Rate....

Popular posts from this blog

Dual Role

Eversince my childhood, I loved watching movies. Its like living a dream and it's a wild fantasy. With the advent of technology, We the humans, were able to achieve a new dimension in Movies and "Dual role" is one common tweak in movies. Usually , Its One person playing two Characters in a film like twins, Father & Son etc and often (Esp. In Indian Movies), there would be some imperfection in screen when these two characters come together in the screen. Its really surprising to see two identical characters together. Just imagine how it would be if I was standing in front of you as two Aruns. Happy .. Right...So.. lets go to action. Lets assume that the twins were discussing about how to play dual role. The following simple bold two points explains how three aruns come to live in the above photo.. Just Visualize it..It is simple... 1) Take two (or more) photos with camera in same position while object(u) in different places Though there were many ways, This method redu

Katrathu Kaiyalavu

There was a Girl, who was Tall & Thin & Fair, her Hair, her Hair, was a color of Ginger An English Rhymes from the Tamil Movie, "Katrathu Tamil", One of the Excellent movie of the year, packed with interesting, informative dialogs and intuitive screenplay. Achan kovil, Xaviers College, Tirunelveli (My Dad graduated there), munusaamy(A tamil Graduate), takes me back and forth in time. Even the dumb story of a dream tiger which is dreaming about the dream desert, adds unknown beauty to the movie. A One line about IT... "If India is a growing, it has to be equivalent in all industry. if only Leg (IT) is growing, it is a Disease (yaanai Kaal), we have to cure it." explains the impact of IT over other industry. Just like real life, this movie has got no logic :) Unlike my earlier blogs on Movies, This blog going to be a sketch of incidents that cames to my mind while watching this movie. Incident 1: Guindy, 04:30 pm, I have just reached the Gandhi Mandapam Bus

Blog Updates

Past four days, I have been doing some changes to the blog that should have caused some web outages of my blog. I am sorry, if you are one of those who caught in the mid. But the sad to note, is that I have revert back all the changes that i made to blog, as I was dissatisfied with my changes. Anyways, Blogs, the new medium of sharing, consumes more time (kills time) and in addion to that, it needs to be arranged in a proper order. Few days back, I have posted a video on my Edinburgh trip made by Chirag, soon more videos were yet to be released, under the category "video series", I have to ensure that the size of the video is less, so that many can view it without any problems. For Now make sure you have.. * Subscribe to My Blog Entries (RSS) http://smartpandian.com/feed * Subscribe to My Blog Comments (RSS) http://smartpandian.com/comments/feed More Changes yet to come...