Skip to main content

60 in 3 Minutes , Random Quotes

Note: The tip in this blog, no longer works.

Few weeks back, one of my friend, known as "The Immortal" has requested all his friend to fill his Orkut scrap book to 10K. To say it from heart, it is illegal. But this keeps Orkut right.

Orkut has got lots of well defined process for preventing a user from automate scrapping in the scrap box.

For Example,
1, It prevents the advertising in the name of URL by checking the URL entered by user with the CAPTCHA..( I will write about it sometime future )
2. It prevents the user from scrapping the same text again and again.
3. Blank Scraps not possible.(may be)

These functionalities are important to note as they are the stepping stone above which we have to lay our feet to reach the goal. The Goal i reached is the 60 scrap in Three minutes..

To precisely summarize the requirement, a process is required to automate entering the text in the scrapbox and clicking the submit button.

Orkut uses Text area for Scrap Box and a table cell for submit button(?-*#_;)..

thankfully, both these elements have id as 'scraptext' and 'b1', else it would be some more complicated.

Automation Script that I have used is not a programmer's favourite languages like perl, python ..(I do think that programmers will say "sea tastes like honey").. I choose javascript and it would be running on Greasemonkey,an add on for Mozilla Firefox...

Why I have choosen this?
1. I have some idea on Grease monkey, Firefox and Javascript
2. I just know that it is going to be two lines of codes in this environment.

So what is the algorithm for these two lines of Code?
Algorithm is a best practise for writing a program. But it is needed for the place where it is needed. Algorithm is like dream and coding is like action. For some big achievements, there has a dream behind it. hey.. sorry.. i am cutting there.. its getting more philosophical..

Lets Come back to code...

[code lang='js'] document.getElementByID().value = random text;
document.getElementByID().click();[/code]

that's all the code... But the second line of code doesn't work for me..

I suspect that it is because of table cell instead of button.(Orkuttan is bright)

There are hundreds of ways to create a random text. I have used a way, there by, three strings from two different arrays are joined in random fashion, it will yield the random string every time it is created.

for three minutes, i have clicked the submit button.. each time a random text filled up in the text area.. sixty scraps were made...

But the learning from this is not just clogging orkut, a new way of writing the scrap..
Now I have found a way of scrapping a message with randomly generated quote using this script as it was already populated..

so whats the future plan for this..
I would be writing a script for thunderbird so that a randomly generated quote can be added to all sent mails...

Deadline... Its always in future...

Reference:
http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/

Popular posts from this blog

Dual Role

Eversince my childhood, I loved watching movies. Its like living a dream and it's a wild fantasy. With the advent of technology, We the humans, were able to achieve a new dimension in Movies and "Dual role" is one common tweak in movies. Usually , Its One person playing two Characters in a film like twins, Father & Son etc and often (Esp. In Indian Movies), there would be some imperfection in screen when these two characters come together in the screen. Its really surprising to see two identical characters together. Just imagine how it would be if I was standing in front of you as two Aruns. Happy .. Right...So.. lets go to action. Lets assume that the twins were discussing about how to play dual role. The following simple bold two points explains how three aruns come to live in the above photo.. Just Visualize it..It is simple... 1) Take two (or more) photos with camera in same position while object(u) in different places Though there were many ways, This method redu

Katrathu Kaiyalavu

There was a Girl, who was Tall & Thin & Fair, her Hair, her Hair, was a color of Ginger An English Rhymes from the Tamil Movie, "Katrathu Tamil", One of the Excellent movie of the year, packed with interesting, informative dialogs and intuitive screenplay. Achan kovil, Xaviers College, Tirunelveli (My Dad graduated there), munusaamy(A tamil Graduate), takes me back and forth in time. Even the dumb story of a dream tiger which is dreaming about the dream desert, adds unknown beauty to the movie. A One line about IT... "If India is a growing, it has to be equivalent in all industry. if only Leg (IT) is growing, it is a Disease (yaanai Kaal), we have to cure it." explains the impact of IT over other industry. Just like real life, this movie has got no logic :) Unlike my earlier blogs on Movies, This blog going to be a sketch of incidents that cames to my mind while watching this movie. Incident 1: Guindy, 04:30 pm, I have just reached the Gandhi Mandapam Bus

Blog Updates

Past four days, I have been doing some changes to the blog that should have caused some web outages of my blog. I am sorry, if you are one of those who caught in the mid. But the sad to note, is that I have revert back all the changes that i made to blog, as I was dissatisfied with my changes. Anyways, Blogs, the new medium of sharing, consumes more time (kills time) and in addion to that, it needs to be arranged in a proper order. Few days back, I have posted a video on my Edinburgh trip made by Chirag, soon more videos were yet to be released, under the category "video series", I have to ensure that the size of the video is less, so that many can view it without any problems. For Now make sure you have.. * Subscribe to My Blog Entries (RSS) http://smartpandian.com/feed * Subscribe to My Blog Comments (RSS) http://smartpandian.com/comments/feed More Changes yet to come...